Saturday, October 23, 2010

Compliments

    Wow, it's not everyday I get a compliment/accusation of being a person who is corageous enough to stand up to a bully as strongly vindictive as our current Mayor. In case you are wondering what I'm refering to, it's a comment I received on a previous posting calling me Kathi. Naturally, I'm guessing, they are thinking I'm the current challenger of the Mayor, Kathi McCleery. Well they are wrong. Off by about 20yrs and gender but correct in my passion for understanding that the current administration is leading us in the wrong direction. I have had the opportunity to follow the directions of another reader and go to Mrs. McCleery's website, http://www.kathi4mayor.com/ , and am encouraged by the vision she has for this city.
    As far as myself. Well it is true. I am not a brave person. Passionate, knowledgable, but a coward. I am hiding behind a name, one that some people know but not my real name. Yep, busted, a coward but the reason why is interesting. My job, my livelyhood, my reputation, my family have been threatened. I know things. Things my job allow me to know. Things that people whose taxes pay my salary should know but are not and most likely will not know. Yes, I work for the sandbox bully himself. Well, not specificly him but since he is the Mayor and I work for the city I guess I work for him and like every other employee of the city, am terrified of what extreme he would go to with his resources (newspaper and tv station) to destroy the simple life I have carved myself. Everything I have worked for for over a decade has been verbally threatened to be taken away for discussing city workings so I have taken to a pseudonym and blogging. Is it coincidence that my blogs happen to discuss the same problems Mrs. McCleery happens to discuss and I only started blogging while this election is taking place?
     No, it isn't!!! There is an election. There is information. A chance that people can make an informed decision from reading this, even if it ends up being only one. There are glaring problems this city is facing and thank god a candidate who may be capable of taking them on. These problems are 100% known to managers, employees and elected officials. They have been asked to be addressed by the employees but the employees instead are told 'we understand your concern and are looking into this. Oh, and if you discuss this with anyone you'll be fired'. How do I know this, well it's been said to me. While I might be a coward, I atleast know I can't be fired, I have rights but seeing as how this administration is a damn the consequences, reactive managing style, I don't want to put my family through the year long grievence procedure to get my job back. Will people figure out it's me? Well, that is the reason for my hiatus. I have been asked but I have thought about it and decided they will have to prove it. Even then, what have I done? "So get ready, cuz this sh!ts about to get heavy" (eminem)
       One more last point... I will officially go on record and say " I definitly am not Kathi McCleery" and to the person who commented, thank you for what I am taking as a compliment and if the offer for information is real I would love it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment